Friday, 3 August 2007

REVIEW: Rosy Tin Teacaddy

ROSY TIN TEACADDY
HAPPY
SATURDAY 28 JULY
Words and Photo's by Charlette Hannah

Betty Grey

Billy Earl

I was lucky enough to arrive in time for the last few songs of Rosy Tin Teacaddy's set. Opening for Matt Langley and band, Rosy Tin Teacaddy were not only dressed deliciously, they even had a tea set on stage with them. I like it when musicians dress nicely. It's like giving the audience respect, and saying thanks for coming to watch us. The super cute Betty Grey was a particularly refreshing contrast to the general dress code of jean's and t'shirts.

But enough about that. The music is even better. Mixing between two vocals, two guitars and harmonica, Rosy Tin Teacaddy created quite a dynamic between them. Vocally flawless, and with gentle melodies, Rosy Tin Teacaddy are an altogether lovely experience.

I'm afraid I can't say much more, as I only caught a few songs, but I believe they're playing support for Ragamuffin Children at Happy on August 11, and I'll be there!



No comments: